Hello Seed Agent!
Did you enjoy Chrissie Cress’s story?
All you need to do is grab yourself a grown up and you’re away!
Apple Crumbly Muffins
If you like apples, try out this sweet muffin recipe:
Makes 4 deep or 8 small muffins
- 1 cup plain flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 cup of brown sugar & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water, 1/2 cup of sunflower oil, 1 apple – peel, remove the seeds, and chop it up
- chopped pecans, raisins, & other nuts
- A grown up, a muffin tin, a little bowl, a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a cup
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
2. In a large bowl mix dry ingredients
3. In a small bowl whisk wet ingredients with fork.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients – but leave out the apples!
5. Stir with wooden spoon until no lumps of flour remain, nice and smooth.
6. Mix in the apple bits and any other extra ingredients you have chosen.
7. Put thin layer of oil on the muffin tin using your fingers or kitchen paper.
8. Spoon the mixture into muffin tin.
9. Cook until they have risen and their tops are golden.
10. Get a Grown Up to take the tin from the oven and put it on the side to cool.
Ready to eat! These muffins should be eaten on the day. Save one for us!