It’s Pumpkin season. Here are 4 delicious recipes: toasted pumpkin seeds, spiced pumpkin soup, roasted pumpkin spaghetti and frozen pumpkin yogurt desert. So don’t waste a thing when you carve your lantern this year. Happy Halloween!
Here’s Secret Seed Society’s recommendation of the 10 best vegetables for you and your children to grow from seed. We’ve chosen them for their variety in colour, flavour, shape and seasonality. This selection of vegetable seeds will teach your children about how a seed germinates, the conditions seeds need to grow into healthy plants, which parts of plants we can eat and how to harvest them. You can meet all of these vegetables in our Story & Seed Packs.
– 1 cup of flour: wheat, spelt or buckwheat if you want them gluten free.
– 1 cup of liquid: dairy milk, water, soya milk, nut milk.
– 1 egg: or leave out the egg and add some extra liquid, mashed banana or apple sauce.
– Pinch of salt
– Baking powder: not essential but for a fluffier Flipper
– Spoon of grease: butter, oil or goose fat, if you dare. Continue reading →
Today is Pancake Day! Also called Fat Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday if you take part in Lent. It’s traditionally a day to eat up all sorts of yummy things in your house that you are promising not to eat during Lent, like chocolate. It’s a long month if you’re giving up your junkiest habit so first of all you need to eat a shed-load of pancakes.