Make and wear masks of your favourite fruit and vegetable characters from Seed City. This is perfect for a crafty classroom activity, family fun on a rainy days or an arty birthday party.
– 1 cup of flour: wheat, spelt or buckwheat if you want them gluten free.
– 1 cup of liquid: dairy milk, water, soya milk, nut milk.
– 1 egg: or leave out the egg and add some extra liquid, mashed banana or apple sauce.
– Pinch of salt
– Baking powder: not essential but for a fluffier Flipper
– Spoon of grease: butter, oil or goose fat, if you dare.
Today is Pancake Day! Also called Fat Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday if you take part in Lent. It’s traditionally a day to eat up all sorts of yummy things in your house that you are promising not to eat during Lent, like chocolate. It’s a long month if you’re giving up your junkiest habit so first of all you need to eat a shed-load of pancakes.
We are always pleased to get your photos. This is a photo of two Seed Agents, hard at work dodging the prickly brambles to forage blackberries from a hedge near where they live.
Foraging means finding food in the wild. At different times of the year their are different things on offer in the wild.
Have you foraged? if so please share your pics with us. send them to email@example.com.